Ask me anything
WAT TIME IS IT JESUS CHRIST
The problem here is that these squealing man-children, so desperate to keep women out of their precious games, want it both ways. They want gaming to be taken seriously as a culture and art form, while at the same time throwing an unbelievable tantrum when subjected to serious criticism. This is ludicrous and immature on so many levels. Gaming isn’t for you, anymore. Gaming is for everyone. Everyone gets to have their say, to make their criticism, and gaming doesn’t need you to defend it.
The only thing left for these people to do is put their toys back in the pram and huddle together as the tide rises against them, until they wake up in five year’s time and realise that Assassin’s Creed 7 was actually a pretty good game, even though they had to waste three precious seconds flicking the gender over to ‘male’ on the character creation screen so they can feel comfortable again. Change is inevitable, especially when half of the freaking gamers in the country are women and actually want to play some games that don’t treat them like disposable trash.
So, here’s another change for you: if you really think feminism, or women, are destroying games, or that LGBT people and LGBT relationships have no place in games, or that games in any way belong to you or are “under attack” from political correctness or “social justice warriors”: please leave this website. I don’t want your clicks, I don’t want your hits, I don’t want your traffic. Leave now and please don’t come back.”
Sam and The Monster
© Liz Climo
my mom and dad were arguing in front of me whether to give me a present now or to wait til christmas and my mom was like “can we give her it now?” and my dad was like “what present” and my mom was like “you know… the good one” and my dad was like “spell it” and my mom goes “GREG, SHE’S 23”
- Iron Man - the moral flaws in building weapons of mass destruction and the lack of accountability given to the people who provide those weapons to war zones.
- Captain America - the dangers of pushing science too far, zealotry and - again - weapons of mass destruction being used against a civilian population.
- Iron Man 2 - how useless nuclear deterrents are because they just impel people you don’t want to have them to build them.
- Thor - a critique of the “they hit us so we hit them back and harder” mentality which seems prevalent in most recent military incursions, and the fact it only makes things worse.
- Avengers Assemble - don’t trust the shadowy authority figures in suits because they will only see the peasants on the ground as collateral.
- Thor 2 - again with the Weapons of Mass Destruction being BAD.
- Iron Man 3 - a study of the treatment of veterans of combat on their return to civilian life, and how they deal with the trauma they have suffered, embodied both in Tony Stark’s PTSD and the disabled veterans who signed up to the Extremis programme.
- Captain America 2 - an observation of the problems that arise when society is run by middle-aged, middle-class white guys on a power trip with no concept of how the world really works. Note how they were stopped by two women, two black men, and a formerly-disabled liberal.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy - evil can be defeated with bad dancing and weird friends.
GotG: Literally = Friendship is Magic